Hayles Fruit Farm Fishery has coarse fishing lakes available for day ticket anglers and resident campers. We also have two waters available, both with a good stock of coarse fish.
Originally constructed by the monks at Hailes Abbey. This water is hundreds of years old and is still unspoilt. A truly tranquil experience, very pretty, with a beautiful island in the middle.
Accommodating around 10 fishermen.
- Mirror and Common Carp to 28lb
- Rudd to 2½ lb
- Roach to 2lb
- Perch to 3½ lb
Its main function on the farm is to provide water for the crops that surround it. Dramatically enlarged in 1977 after the drought of 1976, this water is also incredibly picturesque. Parties of up to 12 fishermen can be accommodated.
- Mirror and Common Carp to 24lb
- Crucian Carp to 3½ lb
- Rudd to 2lb
- Roach to 2lb
- Perch 3lb
Day Ticket Prices must be obtained from the Farm Shop
(9:00am till 5:00pm Winter months, 8&'58;00am till 6:00pm Summer months).
Lake and Reservoir
- 1 Rod - £7
- 2 Rods - £10
Night fishing is available on request with a campsite booking, priced at £20 for 24 hours. Please call Joe on 07 707 671 570 or Martin on 07 802 328 975 for any additional enquires or information on booking either lake for club matches.
- No nuts, peas, beans or party mix
- No keep nets or carp sacks
- Barbless hooks only - rig checks will be carried out
- No braided lines or hook lengths
- An unhooking mat must be used for Carp
- All fish to be returned to lakes
- Environment Agency licence required for both lakes
- No bait boats
- No live fish to be taken onto the site from outside sources
- No transferring of fish between waters - no fish to be taken away or killed
- The use of BBQs is permitted but they must be raised off the ground.
If you use a disposable BBQ and it burns the grass you will be asked to leave the fishery
- NO LITTER - TAKE IT WITH YOU
- NO DOGS EXCEPT ON A LEAD AND UNDER CONTROL
Ever wanted to try something new?
Here at Hayles Fruit Farm we have the facilities for you and your friends to “Have a go clay pigeon shooting.”
We provide all cartridges, safety equipment, gun hire and Instructor.
Please call Joe on 07 707 671 570 for more details …
Open from Easter through to October - take a stroll around the lake and surrounding areas - look at the current farming methods and spy the wildlife. A nature trail map is available from the Farmshop.
Please remember that this is a working farm and machinery is constantly in operation.
- Follow signs
- Stick to the route
- Do not enter closed off areas
- Be aware of surroundings and potential farm traffic, especially when walking along and crossing tracks